World’s Tallest Buildings. Currently the tallest building in the world is the Burj Dubai topping out at 818 meters or 2,684 ft. We are still waiting for the first building to top out at 1,000 meters or over, or 3,000 feet or higher!
2. The Shanghai Tower (632 meters)
3. Makkah Clock Royal Tower in Makkah, Saudi Arabia (601 meters)
4. Ping in Shenzhen China (599 meters)
5. Lotte World Tower in Seoul (555 meters)
6. One World Trade Center in NYC (541 meters)
7. CTF Finance Centre, located in Guangzhou (530 meters)
8. Taipei 101 in downtown Taipei, Taiwan (508 meters)
9. Shanghai Financial Center (492)
10. International Commerce Centre, Hong Kong (484 meters)
It is interesting to note that many of New York’s tallest buildings were built in the 1930’s and the Empire State building built way back in 1931 is still in the top 20 highest buildings in the world! This is a building that was way ahead of its time – how many other buildings that were built in the 1930’s are still among the tallest buildings in the world?
New super tall buildings continue to change the perspective of the world’s highest skylines and this top 10 list. We continue to update this list as these new buildings ‘top out’. View the list of the World’s tallest buildings: www.emporis.com/statistics/worlds-tallest-buildings