Any phone numbers listed below are in the (775) area code. Prices mentioned are for dinner unless otherwise noted.
Note that there casino’s often contain multiple restaurants within their confines.
The ones listed below are simply a few restaurants out of the overall Reno dining scene.
- Archie’s is located across from the University of Nevada Reno and as a result sees a good crowd of college students at times. Located at 2195 N Virginia St. Slogan of the restaurant: “We Love Archies!”
Inside table seating or at bar stools overlooking the bar/kitchen. Also a nice deck outside for dining with views of the region and the nearby park. Focus here is on American hamburgers along with some specialty burgers. Includes their famous giant burger. Lots to like about this establishment. Remarkably open 24/7 – free wifi and plenty of sport screens to keep one company should you be lonely here on a late night foray for grub. Opened in 1995. Serves breakfast all day! Happy hour daily from 4 to 6pm. In the spirit of the college they offer the Wolf Pack Burger (two ½ pound hamburger patties). Visit: www.archiesreno.com
- Bertha Miranda’s is located at 336 Mill St. Gets busy, features three stories with Latin cuisine (focuses on Northern Mexico) and live music at times. Hip and hot with staying power, great place to hangout. Been in business since 1984. Family owned.
Uses only 100% pure corn and soy oils in their cooking. Breakfast served daily from 10am until 2pm and all day on the weekends. They also offer catering services. Small children can eat free from 5pm to 10pm on Tuesdays. Other specials may be offered. www.berthamirandas.com
- Bistro 7 offers contemporary dining. They are located at 7111 South Virginia Street.
- Clary’s Bar & Grill is located at 2780 S Virginia St across from the Peppermill Casino. Focuses on grilled burgers, a variety of salads and some interesting daily specialties.
Indoor and outdoor seating. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open until midnight every day of the week except Sunday. Guests can enjoy video poker, an outdoor patio and sports on large screen TVs.
- El Pescador Restaurant is located at 499 Plumb Lane and focuses on a variety of Mexican inspired dishes including tacos and burritos. The name means the fisherman in Spanish.
Food prepared fresh daily. Well stocked bar including the drink of choice, a Margarita. Happy hour specials offered – kids are invited to eat free Monday and Wednesday nights. Several desserts also offered including deep fried ice cream and flan. First opened in 1992 by Anthony and Shelley Trevino. Visit: www.elpescadorreno.com
- Liberty Food & Wine Exchange is located downtown at 100 N Sierra St (corner location in a prominent multi storied building). Specializes in artisan foods, small plates which are paired with various wines. Good selection of cheeses and salumis.
Nice drinks list. Some wines available by glass, half glass or bottle. Nice take on creating sharable plates – as they have designed their menu for those people who enjoy trying small bites of multiple plates instead of just a main entree. Happy hour is Mon-Fri, 3-6 p.m. Folks might be familiar with their sister restaurant, chez-louie, located inside the Nevada Museum of Art.
- Old Granite Street Eatery is located at 243 S Sierra St.Nice feel in side with their vintage wooden bar and booths. The building was originally built in 1940 for the purpose of housing a restaurant – the old address was a Granite Street name which is how they chose the name for this restaurant.
Their sister bar, Royce Wine & Whiskey is located directly next door. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Happy hour is from 3-6pm Monday through Friday. They source products from a number of local farms and ranches. Visit: www.oldgranitestreeteatery.com
- The Rack, Party Eat Bowl is located downtown at 111 N. Virginia Reno.
As the name indicates, eat, party, go bowling on site and have fun! DJ’s, dancing and drinks. Interesting combination and property. Affordable food and creative drinks.
- Pignic Pub & Patio is a stand alone two story restaurant with visually pleasing landscaping and seating outside in a relaxed quiet environment. Located at 235 Flint St just south of downtown proper. Usually opens late and stays open late.
Offers live music at times. The owners tried to create an environment similar to where they have spent some of their best times drinking and eating with friends. Case in point, they made sure to have a deck, a community grill & outdoor kitchen (where you can bring your own meats and other edibles) and an indoor sports bar. Don’t have to worry about cleaning up – they do that. Lots to like about this unique establishment. For more information call: (775) 376-1948.
- Rapscallion is located at 1555 South Wells Street. This well established and well regarded restaurant focuses on seafood. Reservations are suggested and dress is casual. They fly fresh seafood in daily. Their prices range from $20 to $30. Thirty five plus wines by the glass. Norhtern Nevada’s first free standing restaurant to be awarded the coveted, “Award of Excellence” by the Wine Spectator Magazine.
For more information or reservations visit: www.rapscallion.com Phone 775 323-1211.
- Ruby River Steakhouse is a stand alone restaurant located at 2750 S Virginia St. Founded in 1993 in Utah, has been voted Utah’s top steakhouse by a number of publications over the years. Located across from the Peppermill Casino (south of downtown).
Now has four restaurant locations – their location in Reno is the only one outside of Utah to date. Their wings and artichoke dip are fan favorites. Great selection of salads. But ultimately you come here for the steak. New York, Filet Mignon, top Sirloin, prime rib, the list goes on and on! Visit: www.rubyriver.com
- Silver Peak Grill and Taproom on the river is located at 135 N Sierra St on the corner of 1st Street. Features inside dining as well as dining in a more open environment located on the top of the steps that lead up to the restaurant.
Two locations with the brewery located on Wonder Street. Originally the owners came up with the idea to combine a brewery with a restaurant in the 1980’s this came to fruition in 1999 with the opening of their first property. This location just up from the river opened in 2004. Founders Dave and Trent actually met in high school and had always talked about owning a business together. Good selection of soups, salads, pizzas and sandwiches for lunch and for dinner choose from various entrees (with a soup or a salad). Visit: www.silverpeakbrewery.com
- Thai Corner Cafe is located downtown at 100 W 2nd St. Features a variety of Asian fusion Thai dishes and some sushi in a space with a full bar and a big screen TV.
Not far from the Reno Events Center and the National Automobile Museum. Two blocks up from the Truckee River in the RiverWalk District. Phone: (775) 327-4333
- The Steak House is located in Harrah’s resort and casino at 210 North Center Street. Reservations are required and dress is casual. They are rated 4 stars. Prices average $30 per person. View website – Phone (775) 788-2929.
- Zagol Ethiopian Restaurant is located at 855 E. 4th Street just east of downtown. This is the only Ethiopian restaurant located in the Reno Tahoe region. Focuses on regional Ethiopian cuisine – offers a variety of Ethiopian beverages and roasts coffee beans directly at your table.
Closed on Mondays. Parking is street-side next to the restaurant. Visit: www.zagolofreno.com
- Zozo’s Ristorante serves Italian / American cuisine and is located near downtown Reno in the Moana West Shopping Center on Lakeside & Moana. Visit: www.zozosreno.com
Leave a Reply