Seafood is abundant in Vancouver. Fresh fish galore, how much do you want to spend?! With a large Asian population Vancouver has excellent Asian restaurants including dimsum. We list merely a sampling of restaurants from this cuisine rich city.
- Chartwell’s is located at 791 W. Georgia Street in the Four Seasons Hotel. They serve continental cuisine and are rated four stars. Their prices range from $21 to $30. Closed Sundays. Reservations are suggested. Valet parking. Phone Number 689-9333.
- Delphi Steak and Pizza House is located at 1500 Hastings Street E. They are a steakhouse and are rated 2 stars. Their prices range from $11 to $20. Greek dishes are also served. Reservations are suggested. Phone Number 253-5191.
- English Bay Cafe is located at 1795 Beach Ave. They serve seafood and are rated 2 stars. Their prices range from $11 to $20. Open from 5:30pm until 10pm for dinner. Reservations are suggested. Phone Number 669-2225.
- Gerrard Lounge is located at 845 Burrard Street (French)
- Hon’s Wun Tun House has been serving Dim Sum for over 40 years. Multiple locations city wide. Visit: http://hons.ca
- Horin is located at 1226 Robson Street. This tiny restaurant serves up authentic Japanese ramen. Our favorite is The One, the house special Often during lunch or dinner there is a line out the door. Features very limited seating. Guests can pay via mobile.
- Hy’s Encore is located at 637 Hornby Street. They serve steak and seafood and are rated 3 stars. Their prices range from $21 to $30. Open from 5:30 until 11pm. Some of their specialties are fine-aged and charcoal broiled steaks. Reservations are suggested. Phone Number 683-7671.
For more information about Hy’s Restaurants (currently their are 7 locations in Canada) please visit their website: www.hyssteakhouse.com
- Jade Dynasty Restaurant is located at 1133 W. Hastings Street. They serve Chinese food and are rated 3 stars. Their prices range from $21 to $30. They are closed Mondays. Reservations are suggested. Phone Number 691-2788.
- Joe Fortes Seafood and Chop House are located at 777 Thurlow Street www.joefortes.ca
- Kirin Restaurant’s original location is downtown at 1172 Alberni Street serves Dim Sum and fine Chinese cuisine. They opened their doors here in 1987 – since then, they have opened three other Vancouver area locations. During a recent visit on a weekend there was a line out the door. They have plenty of seating but this restaurant is so popular at times that they cannot accommodate all their guests right away. Excellent dim sum including lots of seafood. Also one of the tastiest hot and sour soups we have ever enjoyed. Visit: www.kirinrestaurants.com
- Maenam is one of the finer Thai restaurants in Vancouver. They are located at 1938 W. Fourth Ave. Visit: www.maenam.ca/
- Old Spaghetti Factory is located at 53 Water Street in Gastown. They serve Canadian style cuisine and are rated 1 star. Their prices are around $15 or a bit lower. Open from 11:30am until 10pm except for Sunday when they are open until 9pm. Reservations are suggested. Phone Number 684-1288. Website: www.oldspaghettifactory.ca
- Pink Pearl is located at 1132 E. Hastings (Chinese). Visit: www.pinkpearl.com
- Sala Thai has two locations in Vancouver. Visit: www.salathai.ca
- Sandbar Restaurant is located at 1535 Johnson Street, under the bridge on Granville Island. They serve American style seafood cuisine and are rated 3 stars. Their prices range from $15 to $25. They also serve New Orleans Cajun specials. Reservations are suggested. Phone Number 685-6571. Visit: www.vancouverdine.com
- Shaughnessy is located at the VanDusen Botanical Gardens. I highly recommend this restaurant. The prices are a bit cheaper then some of the higher end seafood restaurants but there is no loss of quality in the food. Phone Number (604) 261-0011. Visit: www.shaughnessyrestaurant.com
- Simply Thai is an authentic high end Thai restaurant located at 1211 Hamilton Street.
- Thai House has a number of locations in Vancouver. Visit: www.thaihouse.com
Leave a Reply