- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 7 months ago by Dave.
May 19, 2013 at 1:12 am #30641
Every now and then I’m asked how much time one should allow before getting to the airport – it of course depends on the airport you are referring to – however, here are a few factors to take into consideration before leaving your doorstep.
1. Will you be driving? If so, where are your parking – an airport parking lot or an off lot with a shuttle service. How many extra minutes should you allow for this.
2. Will you be taking public transportation to the airport?
3. Will you be taking an air-porter to the airport?
4. Do you already have your boarding passes printed or on your mobile device?
5. What time of day or night is your flight?
6. Do you have PRE-TSA clearance or are a ClearMe.com member (available in select airports)
7. Do you have carry on only or check in baggage?
8. Are you flying Domestic or Internationally
I’m sure there is a formula for amount of time to add for each question – based on your home airport and your distance from. But these are at least factors to think about when planning to leave your house for your next flight 🙂