There are many, many books written on Nepal. Some of them are listed below
- Nepal Handbook by Kerry Moran is probably the best all around travel book written on Nepal. You should be able to find it at a good bookstore. It sells for $18.95
- Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen is his written account of his trip to Nepal to track the elusive Snow Leopard
- To the Navel of the World is a book by Peter Somerville Large which chronicles his travels through Nepal’s uncharted lands.
- Fatalism and Development is a book by Nepalese anthropologist Dar Bahadur Bista and tells of modern Nepalese history.
- The Art of Nepal is a book by Hallvard Kare Tuloy.
- Nepal Himalaya is a book written by H.W. Tilman about climbing Everest.
- On the Big Hill is a book written about climbing Everest by Mark Anderson.
- Kathmandu Bikes and Hikes by James Giambrone.
- Katmandu: The Hidden City is by Annick Holle and describes the back streets of Katmandu.
- Nepal Insight Guide by Lisa Choegyal is a Nepal guidebook.
- www.lonelyplanet.com/nepal Lonely Planet’s Nepal introduction
- www.nepal.com an excellent info and destination guide, worth visiting
- www.visitnepal.com excellent website detailing activities to do in Nepal
- www.alpinehimalaya.com Nepal trekking is their specialty – offering Everest Base Camp Treks
- www.friendshipnepal.com offers a variety of trips to Nepal and Tibet
- www.mountainmonarch.com one of the best trekking companies in Nepal: organizes adventure treks, peak climbing expeditions, cultural tours, customized trips in Nepal and Tibet
- www.nepal-guide.com a leader in Nepal Trekking, Expedition, Rafting, Jungle safari, Sightseeing, Bus & air ticketing, Hotel reservation, Special Tibet, Bhutan, Sikkim Treks & tour etc
- www.nepaltravelinfo.com tour packages, maps and more
Leave a Reply