Forodhani Gardens, located down by the seafront is an excellent source of local cuisine – housing street vendors selling mostly seafood. Meals are cooked in front of you. I ate here several nights and never had any problems with the food.
The Tourist Board recommends the following restaurants
- Fisherman Restaurant in Stone town – excellent fresh fish
- Restaurant on the roof of the Chavder Hotel.
- The Pagoda Chinese restaurant.- excellent sea food
- Pichy’s restaurant – pizzas etc. on the harbour
- The Raintree restaurant at Mbweni ruins hotel – friendly bar and international cuisine with Zanzibar flair and spice
- Mangapwani Beach restaurant – newly opened – its worth visiting