- –Hang Gliding Festival on January 1st. Local pilots fly over ocean bluffs and demonstrate precision flying. Phone Number (805) 965-3733
- –International Film Festival. Annual Event. Very popular. Premiers and screenings of U.S. and international films. Walk up and down State Street stopping at theatres showing the most popular films. Often high profile actors and actresses are honored for their film work. Workshops and seminars are also given by professionals. The Film Festival in 2012 honored: Rooney Mara, Melissa McCarthy, and Martin Scorsese. Phone Number: (805) 963-0023 Website: http://sbiff.org
- –All Breed Cat Show at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. Almost every breed of cats is represented. Phone Number: (805) 687-0766
- –Whale Watching Phone Number: (805) 897-3187
This two-day festival will feature live entertainment, marine education stations, a children’s carnival, food booths, and an arts & crafts show. Live music from several bands will keep festival goers tapping their feet and dancing as they stroll through the street feasting their eyes, ears, and taste buds on all the exhibitors. You won’t want to miss out!!
The Whale Festival coincides with the northern migration of the gray whale and promotes awareness of the 27 species of cetaceans (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) that have been sighted in the Santa Barbara Channel. More than 20 local and national nonprofit organizations will participate in the whale and marine education stations. This will provide festival attendees a wonderful opportunity to learn more about whales and the issues currently affecting them and the ocean. Marine organizations participating in this year’s festival include the Santa Barbara Marine Mammal Center, Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary, Center for Marine Conservation, Ocean Futures Society, Pacific Cetacean Group, Aquarium of the Pacific, Alaska Whale Foundation, Environmental Defense Center, Whaleman Foundation, Santa Barbara Channel Keeper, Earth Island Institute, Community Environmental Council, Channel Islands National Park and others.
- –International Orchid Show Phone Number: (805) 969-5746
For more information on orchids & current dates for this annual event, read Dave’s Orchid Article and or visit the official website here: www.sborchidshow.com
- –Easter Egg Hunt. 50,000 different kinds of eggs are hidden in Alameda and MacKenzie parks and Franklin Elementary School for children ages 5 to 9 to find. Phone Number: (805) 564- 5495
- –Chardonnay 5K and 10 mile runs. Starts at Leadbetter beach. Phone Number: (805) 564-5555
- –Presidio Days is a three day event celebrating Santa Barbara’s birthday and multi-ethnic heritage at the historical El Presidio de Santa Barbara. Phone Number: (805) 966-9719 – Website: www.oldspanishdays-fiesta.org
- -Arts Festival. Food booths, carnival, food booths, free entertainment. Phone Number: (805) 735-8511.
- –County Vintner’s Festival. Sample wines from 30 county wineries plus food from the areas restaurants. Located in the Santa Ynez Valley. Phone Number for tickets: (805) 688 0881
- –Santa Barbara Fair and Expo at Earl Warren Showgrounds. Phone Number: (805) 687-0766 – Website: www.earlwarren.com
- –I Madonnari Street Painting Festival. Over 200 local artists and children create their chalk paintings at the Old Mission courtyard. This is always a blast and we have attended many times. If the weather is nice and it usually is in May, people will come for a picnic and or just lay around on the main lawn in front of the Mission. Many of the artists are very talented and every year it is a shame their works disappear within a week or two.
Phone Number: (805) 963-8654 | Website: www.imadonnarifestival.com
- –Jewish Festival at Oak Park. Phone Number: (805) 968-1280
- –Annual State Street Mile takes place between Islay and Ortega on State Street.
- –Day of Music is the cities biggest one day music festival. More then 30 groups play from noon until midnight. Phone Number: (805) 962-3575
- –Santa Barbara City College Jazz Festival is a competition from junior high through college levels. Concerts also given by world class jazz artists. Phone Number: (805) 965-0581
- –Summer Solstice Parade. Music Festival in Alameda Park. Phone Number: (805) 965-3396 – Website: www.solsticeparade.com
- –Santa Barbara Writers Conference is a week long creative writing workshop. Afternoon and evening lectures by best selling authors at the Miramar Hotel. Many lectures and classes given throughout the year. Phone Number: (805) 684- 2250 Website: www.sbwc.org
- –Lompoc Flower Festival (Approx 50 miles north of Santa B.) The Festival includes a downtown parade with floral floats, marching band and horses. Flower field tours are also given. Phone Number: (805) 735-8511 Website: www.lompocvalleyfestivals.com
- –Santa Barbara Irish Festival is held at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. For more details please call Phone Number: (805) 687-4343 or Email: email@example.com
- –Scandinavian Festival. At Oak Park. Phone Number: (805) 966- 5843
- –Live Oak Music Festival is a three day concert and camping event held every year on Father’s Day weekend in the hills above Santa Barbara, California. 100% of Live Oak proceeds go to support a local public radio station. Visit: www.liveoakfest.org
- –Beach Volleyball tournaments. Men’s and women’s divisions at East Beach. Admission: Free. Phone Number: (805) 965-0509
- –Semana Nautica is a multi sports festival. Air, sea, land, and pool events are held throughout the city. Phone Number: (805) 564-2052 Website: www.semananautica.com
- –4th Independence Day. A holiday on State Street and an arts and crafts show at the Mission. Dave’s recommendation for the best place to watch the fireworks is down by the harbor near Stearn’s Wharf. The “show” usually starts around 9pm as it gets dark.
- –French Foods Festival at Oak Park. Phone Number: (805) 569-1636 – Website: www.frenchfestival.com
- –Beachside Festival. A weekend of live music and street performers. Phone Number: (805) 962-5424
- –California Outrigger Championships. 25 California teams compete in one mile ocean sprints in 40 foot long outriggers. Phone Number: (805) 965-0509
- –Dog Shows. Over 6000 dogs are represented. Phone Number: (805) 963-2986
- –Horse and Flower Show at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. Phone Number: (805) 687-0766
- –Greek Festival is at Oak Park. Phone Number: (805) 564-5419 (held at the end of July or early August depending on the year
- –Old Spanish Days Fiesta is a city wide five days celebration of Santa Barbara’s Spanish heritage. (805) 962-8101 www.oldspanishdays-fiesta.org
- –Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Wine Festival. (805) 682-4711
- –Polo Tournament is the second most prestigious in the U.S. Held at the Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club. Phone Number: (805) 684-8667 www.sbpolo.com
- –Concours d’Elegance. Antique and classic car show. Phone Number: (805) 969-2667
- –LPGA Golf Tournament at Sandpiper Golf Course and La
- –Lawn Bowling Tournament is a 4 day all California event, the largest in the state. Phone Number: (805) 564-5419
- –Mexican Independence Day at Oak Park. Phone Number: (805) 966-9036
- –Danish Days are held in Solvang about 45 miles north of Santa Barbara just off of the 101 freeway. Phone Number: (805) 688-0701
- –German Oktoberfest is held at Oak Park. Phone Number: (805) 967-6422
- –Stearns Wharf Birthday Celebration for the oldest working pier on the California coast. Phone Number: (805) 564-5519
- –California Avocado Festival in Carpinteria. This is a three day festival – started in 1984 and helps benefit local non-profit organizations and promote Carpinteria. Phone Number: (805) 684-5479 x 12. For more information including, dates, events, recipes, & much more – please visit their very informative website: www.avofest.com
- –Festa Italiana at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. Phone Number: (805) 569-1536
- –Santa Barbara Art Walk is held along Mission Creek. Over 100 artists are featured. Phone Number: (805) 682-4711
- –Fiesta City Cat Club Show. Over 225 purebred cats compete for best of show. Phone Number: (805) 687-0766
- –National Amateur Horse Show is a training show for future Olympic equestrians. Located at the Earl Warren Showgrounds Phone Number: (805) 687-0766
- –Annual World Music Festival highlights music and dance from Africa, the Caribbean, and Spain. Phone Number: (805) 962-3575
- –Holiday Parade – for more information call: (805) 962-2098 ext. 22
- –Yuletide Boat Parade is held off of Stearn’s Wharf. Phone Number: (805) 962-2826
- –Una Pastorela is a recreation of a traditional Spanish/ Indian “shepherds play” in Presidio Chapel. Phone Number: (805) 966-9719
Cassidy Ballentine says
I love your cultural festivals!!! But I never know WHEN they are. Is there any way I can be notified, or better, can you send me a calendar of when each festival is? Do you still have Octoberfest and the Irish festival ?