The following list is only a partial one, but it provides a sampling of the wide range of places to stay in Santa Rosa. While some hotels are spread out around town, there are two main concentrations of hotels, the most being along Santa Rosa Avenue and then others along Cleveland/Hopper Ave. Most of the hotels in Santa Rosa are located fairly close to the 101 freeway.
- America’s Best Value Inn & Suites is rated 2 stars and is located at 866 Hopper Avenue. This is in the northern part of Santa Rosa with several shopping areas nearby including Kohls and K Mart as well as several fast food restaurants. This hotel has a small business center and outdoor pool only open during the warmer months. Their prices range from $59 to $149. Phone is (707) 575-4600
- Astro Motel (most recently, formerly Wine Country Inn & Suites) is a two story hotel located on Santa Rosa Avenue – within walking distance of downtown, Luther Burbank Gardens and a number of restaurants located along Santa Rosa Ave. This originally opened as the Astro Motel in 1963 (part of a chain of hotels) and prior to it’s rebirth as the new Astro Motel had fallen on very hard times – serving as home to prostitutes, drug dealers and other nefarious activities – similar to a number of places we have stayed at in Los Angeles.
Revitalized by the owners of the nearby Spinster Sisters restaurant, the rooms feature a unique concept in that much of the vintage items housed are for sale (34 total rooms). The motel is across from one side of the sizable Juilliard Park. Parking is not on site, rather a block over where guests can then receive valet service back to the hotel. Visit: www.theastro.com
- Best Western Garden Inn is rated 3 stars and is located on 1500 Santa Rosa Avenue. This location puts them closer to downtown than some of the other Santa Rosa Ave hotels and definitely puts them smack dab in the middle of all the strip mall and national chain stores. Their motto is “Country Comfort, City Convenience”. Their prices range from $75 to $129. Phone is (707) 546-4031 Visit: www.thegardeninn.com
- Best Western Plus, Wine Country Inn & Suites is rated 3 stars and is located at 870 Hopper Avenue. Take the Mendocino exit from the 101 freeway in the northern part of Santa Rosa. This location is well north of downtown and there are several other hotels in the immediate vicinity as well as several fast food restaurants. Remarkably this hotel survived the Tubbs Fire of October 2017 (other then several smoke in the surroundings for a week and a car that burned in the parking lot and some landscaping).
Their prices range from $99 to $199 depending on the time of year. Phone is (707) 545-9000
- Country Inn Santa Rosa is located on Santa Rosa Ave near the large Costco shopping center. This hotel is run by Magnuson Hotels. A nice outdoor pool is on site and clean comfortable rooms. Every easy access to the 101 freeway.
Phone: (877) 747-8713
- Courtyard by Marriott is located at 175 Railroad Street and is rated 3 stars. This multi-story hotel is located about 1/2 mile or less from downtown near the edge of old town Santa Rosa across from the new convention center. Their prices range from $99 to $209. The rooms are modern clean and comfortable. Within easy walking distance of Santa Rosa’s historic Railroad Square District (boutique shops, restaurants and the California Welcome Center). Phone is (707) 573-9000
- Flamingo Resort Hotel has been a fixture in Santa Rosa for many years and played a role in the movie, The Bandits staring Bruce Willis. Look for the rotating Flamingo on top of their very tall sign. Location: 2777 Fourth Street. They recently raised their old hotel sign, which had been down for some time. They have a nice health club, pool, and Jacuzzi on nicely landscaped grounds. The movie “The Bandit” starring the famous California Hollywood actor, Bruce Willis was filmed here. They are rated 3 stars. Phone is (707) 545-8530 Website: www.flamingoresort.com
- Hillside Inn Motel is rated 3 stars and is located at Farmers Lane and 4th Street, at 2901 4th Street. This Motel is located just down the street from the historic Flamingo Inn.
Their prices range from $78 to $98. Phone is (707) 546-9353 Website: www.hillside-inn.com
- Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport is located at 417 Aviation Blvd, within a short drive of the Sonoma County Airport. Makes a great place to stay if you are only in town for a short while and or are focused on staying in the north part of Santa Rosa. Easy access to Healdsburg as well. Walking distance to the Airport Cinema 12 theatres and several restaurants. Also walking distance to the SMART Rail Airport stop.
A cook to order breakfast is available for an extra fee. Offers four meeting rooms, a business center and a free shuttle to the airport about 5 minutes drive away. Rooms are decent sized – fee wifi is included. The Garden Grille & Bar is their onsite restaurant. Built right next to vineyards on one side with a business park on the other.
- Hotel La Rose is rated 3 stars and is a historic hotel located in the heart of Santa Rosa’s old town (Rail Road Square). They are located at 308 Wilson Street. Their prices range from $179 to $249. Phone is (707) 579-3200 Free continental breakfast. If your going to stay here be sure to try Josef’s, their fine dining restaurant located on the first floor of the building. You can easily walk to the many boutique shops and restaurants located nearby (as well as the California Welcome Center located across the street). This is the only Sonoma County hotel to be listed with the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Visit: www.hotellarose.com
- Hotel Santa Rosa , formerly known as Rodeaway Inn, is located at 2632 Cleveland Ave. This is about slightly less then a mile north of Coddingtown Shopping Center. An Asia market is nearly next door – a Big 5 Sporting Goods Store is across the street and Sam’s Fore Play Cafe is next door. This is a clean comfortable place to stay about 2 miles north of downtown. Plenty of parking. Ultimately the owners will probably figure out the name change will not be beneficial for people finding this property. Phone: (707) 542-5544
- Hyatt Vineyard Creek is one of Santa Rosa’s newest additions. It is a large hotel with 155 rooms situated right next to the 101 freeway near the historic Rail Road Square at 170 Railroad Street. This is also a convention center and often there will be trade shows here. The Brasserie Restaurant is also located on site (with a lounge). There is also a bar here. Prices range from $129 to $209. Phone (707) 636-7100. A conveniently located pool is in the back of the center – which is just above the Santa Rosa Creek and the Santa Rosa Creek Trail (great for hiking and or biking – and connects directly to downtown). You are in wine country – the Hyatt even maintains a small vineyard on site! Website: http://www.vineyardcreek.hyatt.com
- Monte Vista Motel is located on Santa Rosa Ave about 1/2 way between the end of Santa Rosa Avenue and where it enters downtown Santa Rosa (3123 Santa Rosa Ave). This is a throwback hotel to the good old days on Santa Rosa Avenue before the strip malls and national chain stores ate up the real estate here. This 1-story hotel saw its heyday probably in the 50’s or 60’s but now looks quite dated. Vintage, to be sure.
Phone: (707) 542-5141
- Motel 6 North is located at 3145 Cleveland Ave. This is in the northern part of town several miles from downtown. There is a Trader Joes within walking distance. Pull out the driveway and you will be greeted by the 101 freeway. This is a clean comfortable place to stay.
Phone: (707) 525-9010
- Motel 6 South is located at 2760 Cleveland Avenue. This is about 1 mile north of Coddingtown Shopping Center. An Asia market is nearly next door – a Big 5 Sporting Goods Store is across the street and Sam’s Fore Play Cafe is next door. This is a clean comfortable place to stay about 2 miles north of downtown. If the number next to the hotel listing is an indication of age, then this is the 16th oldest Motel 6 in their entire chain of well over 1000 motels.
Phone: (707) 546-1500
- Northbay Inn is a one story budget motel located off of Mendocino Ave right next to the North East corner of the Santa Rosa Junior College. WiFi is in every room. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and some have coffee makers. This hotel is a good value for the price. Easy walking distance of many small restaurants along Mendocino Ave – and easy walking distance to SRJC. Several markets nearby. Phone: (707) 545-0474 – Visit: www.northbayinnsantarosa.com
- Quality Inn Suites is located on the southern edge of all the chain stores along Santa Rosa Ave (3000 Santa Rosa Ave). This is a clean modern nice looking multi story hotel that is AAA rated. We’ve had guests in town stay here who told us they really enjoyed their stay at this hotel. WiFi is included with your stay and so is a continental breakfast. This location is about 2.5 miles from downtown.
Phone: (707) 521-2100
- Redwood Inn is a one story hotel located off of Santa Rosa Ave within a few minutes walk to the large Costco shopping center. WiFi is in every room and some rooms have kitchens. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. This hotel is a good value for the price. Phone: (707) 545-0474 – Visit: www.santarosaredwoodinn.com
- Safari West is located about 20 minutes from Santa Rosa in the middle of the coastal hillside. This is a Wild-life preserve in which you can take jeep tours and stay in their sturdy canvas tents overnight or permanent raised cottages. The tours are by appointment only. This is a very unique experience – where you have a little bit of Africa right in the heart of the wine country! Located about 1/2 way between the northern Napa Valley and Santa Rosa. Phone: (800) 616-2695. Read Dave’s Safari West Article or visit the Website: www.safariwest.com
- Sandman Motel is rated 3 stars and is located at 3421 Cleveland Avenue. Their prices range from $78 to $125. They are located right next to the 101 Freeway and within walking distance of a Trader Joes. We’ve heard good things about this hotel but have never actually stayed here. They are located several miles north of downtown in the north part of Santa Rosa.
Phone is (707) 544-8570
- Santa Rosa Travelodge is located on the west side of Santa Rosa Ave near the main shopping areas long this wide street (1814 Santa Rosa Ave) This is an older hotel which definitely shows its age both inside and outside of the rooms.
Phone: (707) 542-3472
Leave a Reply