The following are several art galleries in Helena and or art museums. Often artists during the prime of their careers will maintain a retail gallery – but as they age, close the retail space but still show their works by appointment. All phone numbers listed below are in the (406) area code.
- Abbrescia Fine Art & Pottery Studios are located at 12 First Ave. They are open Monday through Saturday from 11am until 5pm. Joe and Sue Abbrescia are the owners. Offers 19th and 20th century etchings, American illustrations, antiques, and jewelry. Phone Number 755-6639. Visit: www.abbresciaart.com
- Coins & Carats Inc. is located at 237 Main Street. They are open Monday through Saturday from 10am until 5:30pm. They sell paintings, prints, and bronzes from local artists and also other artists. Call 752-2646 or 800-643-3330. Visit: www.coinscarats.com
- Hockaday Center for the Arts is located at Second Ave and Third Street. They are open Tuesday through Friday from 10am until 4pm and on Saturday from 10am until 3pm. They were established in 1968 and feature changing exhibits of historic and contemporary art. A large museum shop. Call 755-5268. www.hockadaymuseum.org
- Noice Studio & Gallery is located at 127 Main Street. They are open Monday through Friday from 9am until 5:30 PM. They are open Saturday from 10am until 4pm. They sell fine art of the west. Features contemporary work by Montana artists. Call 755-5321 or 800-775-1743.
- Mark Ogle Studio & Gallery is located at 101 East Center Street. They are open Monday through Saturday from 9am until 5pm and are closed on Sunday. They sell a large variety of original oils depicting Glacier Park, Flathead Valley, and other local scenery. Phone 752-4217. www.markogle.com
Cheryl Mellblom says
Would love to hear from my cousin, Barbara Mellblom.
Cheryl/grand rapids, mi