This valuable traveler’s resource is based on personal experiences and accounts from a well-seasoned traveler; Brock’s book is a treasure trove of wealth – less so about about actual physical ‘hidden’ locations (although a few of these are sprinkled throughout the book) but more importantly about hidden discoveries relating to behavior, relationships and personal emotional discoveries.
Brock digs deep into what it truly means to be a traveler but even more so, how to live a meaningful life that incorporates travel. He shares insights about how to find what matters most when traveling and reveals other intriguing perspectives on how to view travel, life and experiences; this book is refreshingly a different take on the oft well-trodden paths that most travelers go down.
And its not necessarily a book one has to read from page from start to finish in order of page number – rather, valuable advice is provided throughout each of the 14 chapters.
Brock has been traveling for 40+ years and has been to 50+ countries. Some of the insights in his book include:
– Experience a different, more meaningful kind of travel many long for but few find.
– Discover hidden places of wonder and hidden wonder in ordinary places.
– Turn your trip into a learning laboratory to try out new interests and personas.
– Use unusual quests and questions to connect deeply with locals — even if you’re an introvert.
– Grow your confidence and courage on a trip in safe, fun, and exciting ways.
– Know what the happiest part of any trip is and how to cultivate more joy.
– Turn the inevitable bad times on a trip into great moments and memories.
– Develop new ways of seeing that involve all your senses.
– Do a volunteer vacation in a way that helps rather than hurts.
– Pack better by leaving behind unhelpful baggage, both physical and emotional.
– Experience and even create magic moments for you and others anywhere.
– End any trip well by practicing this one secret.
– Apply your trip to your life so that each day at home feels more like an adventure.
To purchase this book, visit: www.amazon.com/Hidden-Travel-How-Discover-More-ebook/dp/B08C925FJK