There are over 5000 rooms in Santa Barbara ranging from full service resorts to moderately priced hotel/motels. Some of these hotels are incredible – there is such a choice its hard to know where to stay. There is also a large choice of bed and breakfast inns. The following list is only a partial one, but provides a sampling of the wide range of places to stay in Santa Barbara.
The prices listed below range from the lowest (off season/single person) to the highest (holidays and weekends/dbl person). Prices and information does change, visit each of the websites below for the hotel’s current information.
If you have stayed at any of these hotels please send Dave your comments and or photographs. We welcome additions/updates to this page as this is quite a challenge to keep these up to date. Prices are subject to change without notice.
All Phone Numbers are in the 805 area code unless otherwise noted.
- Ala Mar Motel is located close to Santa Barbara’s waterfront – about a 10 minute walk to Stearns Wharf. Various restaurants are also located within walking distance.
Address: 102 W Cabrillo Boulevard. Continental breakfast included. Good concierge. Parking on site included. Also a sundeck overlooking the nearby water. Visit: www.alamarmotel.com
- Aviana Inn is rated 3 stars and is located at 128 Castillo Street. Their prices range from $99 to $229. Internet specials sometimes offered. Phone Number is (805) 963-4471 Website: www.avaniainnsantabarbara.com
- Bacara Resort is a very fancy resort rated 4 stars and is located just north of Santa Barbara at 8301 Hollister Ave. Many leisure activities are offered at this resort – tennis, jogging, hiking trails, pools, a spa, and a theatre. Located right next to the beach. Great views of the Pacific Ocean! Their prices range from $520 to $7500. Phone Number (805) 968-0100. Website: www.bacararesort.com
- Bath Street Inn is rated three stars and is a historic bed and breakfast. The inn was built in 1890 and is located in a residential area. They are located just south of the Mission at 1720 Bath Street. Their prices range from $116 to $270. Phone Number is (805) 682-9680
- Best Western Beachside Inn is rated 2 stars and is located 4 blocks south of the 101 freeway at 336 West Cabrillo Blvd. Very convenient location for walking to the Santa Barbara Harbor almost across the street or a bit further to Stearns Wharf.
Their prices range from $145 to $289 See our restaurant section for information about their restaurant. 60 guestrooms are available with either views of their pool or on the harborside. Phone Number is (805) 965-6556
- Best Western South Coast Inn is rated 3 stars and is located at 5620 Calle Real (just north of Santa Barbara). Their prices range from $169 to $199. Phone Number is (805) 967-3200
- Brisas del Mar at the Beach is is located at 223 Castillo Street and has undergone a huge renovation turning this into a very fancy elegant place to stay. This is a Mediterranean styled property located only 2 blocks from the beaches and the yacht harbor.
Free continental breakfast each morning with the added pleasure point of a complimentary wine and cheese reception every afternoon. The service doesn’t stop there; in the evening fresh cookies and milk are provided for guests. Splurge for a villa suite – which features a full kitchen. Phone Number is (805) 966-2219
- Cabrillo Inn as the name indicates is located on Cabrillo Blvd (931). This is one of Santa Barbara’s more affordable locations in the vicinity of the waterfront. Located only about a mile east of the famous Stearns Wharf.
Offers 40 non smoking rooms, a heated pool and a great location across from East Beach. Nice property for watching the sunsets. Visit: www.cabrillo-inn.com
- Casa Del Mar is a Mediterranean hotel. Buffet breakfast is served. They have courtyard with a spa and a social hour with wine and cheese. They are located one block from the beach at 18 Bath Street. Phone Number is (805) 963-4418
- Cheshire Cat is a bed and breakfast rated 3 stars. They are located at 36 West Valerio Street at Chapala Street. Their prices range from $180 to $400. Phone Number is (805) 569-1610 Website: www.cheshirecat.com
- Circle Bar B Guest Ranch is a ranch located about 20 miles north of Santa Barbara on the 101 freeway. Exit Refugio Road and drive for 3.5 miles and a narrow winding road. The address is 1800 Refugio Canyon Road. Their prices range from $225 to $285. They have a swimming pool, spa, hiking area, table tennis and a horseshoe pit. Scenic & wonderful horseback riding. Phone Number is (805) 968-1113
- Coast Village Inn is rated 2 stars and is located in Montecito. Exit the 101 freeway at Olive Mill Road and the Inn is at 1188 Coast Village Road. Their prices range from $159 to $169. Phone Number is (805) 969-3266
- Eagle Inn is an apartment hotel and is rated 2 stars. They are located at 232 Natoma Avenue at Bath Street. Their prices range from $119 to $199. Phone Number is (805) 965-3586
- El Capitan Canyon – located about 20 miles north of Santa Barbara this unique destination resort www.elcapitancanyon.com
- Fess Parker’s Doubletree Resort is rated 3 stars and is located at 633 East Cabrillo Blvd. Named after American actor Fess Parker. Their prices range from $150 to $415.
Features 24 acres of grounds. Located across from the East Beach. Two restaurants on site plus a cafe. Spa services, a salon and fitness center located on the property. Offers complimentary airport and Amtrak pickup and drop off. Phone Number is (805) 564-4333 Website: www.fessparkersantabarbarahotel.com
- Four Seasons Biltmore is a graceful Spanish style resort located across from the ocean at 1260 Channel Drive. This is one of our favorite places to visit when in Santa Barbara. If there was ever a resort that defines the statement: “old world charm” this is IT! This resort is beautiful and is always rated highly.
Gorgeous grounds and excellent service. Try one of their breakfasts in their open air courtyard. We have eaten here a number of times for a late breakfast. Outdoors is best, weather permitting. Their apricot orange juice combination drink is excellent. The hotel prices range from $550 to $1225. Website: www.fourseasons.com/santabarbara
- Franciscan Inn is rated 3 stars and is located at 109 Bath Street. Their prices range from $85 to $325. Phone Number is (805) 963-8845 Website: www.franciscaninn.com
- Haley Cottages is probably the most affordable lodging you will find in Santa Barbara. They are located at 227 E. Haley Street. They have an excellent location – being only 2 blocks away from southern State Street and several blocks from the beach.
Haley Cottages has private rooms for around $40/night and hostel style shared lodging for about $20 per night. The hostel accommodations contain 2 bunk beds per room (4 total beds). These are clean and comfortable – my only complaint is the metal frames tend to squeak quite a bit at the slightest movement. A clean kitchen, shower, and bathroom are also shared by several rooms in the hostel type accommodations. Note: this hostel is often closed in the winter months from approximately November until April or May.
Breakfast is served in the morning in one of their courtyards – this consists of merely toast, jam and a hot drink of either tea or coffee. For more information please call Phone Number (805) 963-3586
Dave always enjoys staying at hostels as of course they are inexpensive, but they are often a source of travelers from around the world – in other words, they are a great place to meet people.
- Harbor House Inn is located at 104 Bath Street – just one block from the Beach (West Beach area). Prices range from $99 to $275. Phone Number (805) 962-9745, or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harbor View Inn is rated 4 stars and is located just west of State Street at 28 West Cabrillo. From this Inn you have great views of West Beach & Stearns Wharf. Their prices range from $275 to $425. Phone Number is (805) 963-0780
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara , otherwise known as Hotel Virginia is ideally located near downtown at 17 W Haley St. Most of their rooms feature views including of the nearby mountains or of some of the tiled architecture this city is known for. Refrigerators are found in every room as are 32 inch LCD television screens.
This historic hotel was built in 1917 and is a fine example of California Spanish Revival style. Guests are provided a complimentary continental breakfast in their lobby cafe or those staying on the second floor can enjoy this same breakfast on the second floor balcony. Choose from several room types including Queen, King or a double Queen room.
- Hotel Milo is located across from the Santa Barbara waterfront – address: 202 W. Cabrillo Blvd. This hip and trendy almost beach-front property invites guests to relax in their tropical-style courtyard gardens. They offer cruiser bikes for guests to cruise around the waterfront area of town.
Two outdoor heated pools are available as well as a hot tub. Free continental breakfast offered. This is really in a great location – within walking distance of Stearns Wharf and lower State Street. Visit: www.hotelmilosantabarbara.com
- Hotel Milo is located at 202 W. Cabrillo Boulevard.
Phone Number (805) 965-4577 Prices range from $140 to $165 Visit their Website and take a photo tour! www.hotelmilosantabarbara.com
- Hotel Santa Barbara – this hotel is centrally located on lower State Street several blocks from Stearns Wharf. About two years ago it was completely renovated. Attention to detail and service is a plus here. Prices range from $159 to $259.Phone Number: (805) 957-9300. For more information visit their website at: www.hotelsantabarbara.com
- Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara is located at 1111 E Cabrillo Blvd – about a mile and a half from lower State Street and Stearns Wharf. Very nice pool or easy access to East Beach located across the street.
Some rooms have ocean views and balconies.
- Inn By The Harbor is rated 2 stars and is located at 433 West Montecito Street (close to the Fernald Mansion). This pretty looking Spanish style hotel is within a fairly short drive of the Santa Barbara Harbor (about a 20-25 minute walk). Guests can take advantage of their complimentary bike rentals to reach the harbor and explore other pockets of this beautiful city.
The inn is reflective of the Spanish style Santa Barbara architecture with its ref tile roofs, tile staircases and iron accoutrements. Features 43 rooms ranging from single rooms through to larger suites. The enclosed sundeck with a heated pool and hot tub is a relaxing place to whittle away a late afternoon. Continental breakfast is included with every stay as is an afternoon wine and cheese reception. Don’t miss the milk and cookies before dinner. Their prices range from $175 to $299. Phone Number is (805) 963-7851 Website: www.innbytheharbor.com
- Inn on Summer Hill is a bed and breakfast and is rated 4 stars. They are located in Summerland at 2520 Lillie Avenue. There is an ocean view and complimentary evening dessert and beverages are provided. Their prices range from $229 to $339. Phone Number is (805) 969-9998
- Lavender Inn is a pleasant two story hotel located only 2 blocks from State Street and about 1 mile from Stearns Wharf. A little off the well trod tourist path on State Street. Onside parking is free.
With a name like this it is only reasonable to assume there will be lavender planted on site – and there is, immediately noticeable around their sign. Continental breakfast is included along with daily wine tasting. Bikes can be used for your own exploring. Visit: www.lavenderinnbythesea.com
- Lemon Tree Inn is located at 2819 State Street. Their prices range from $99 to $230. Phone Number is (805) 687-6444
- Mason Beach Inn is rated 2 stars and is located at 324 West Mason Street. Their prices range from $89 to $239. Phone Number is (805) 962-3203
- Montecito Inn is a 3 star historic hotel. They are located in Montectico at 1296 Coast Village Road. Their prices range from $225 to $285. Multi bedroom suites also available. Phone Number is (805) 969-7854
- Old Yacht Club Inn is a historic bed and breakfast built in 1912 and is rated 2 stars. This is was the former headquarters for the Santa Barbara Yacht Club. Fresh flowers and sherry are provided for all rooms. A 5 course dinner is offered on Saturdays. They are located at 431 Corona Del Mar which is just north of Cabrillo Blvd. Their prices range from $99 to $239. Phone Number is (805) 962-1277
- Pacific Crest Hotel is located at 433 Corona Del Mar Drive next to the Old Yacht Club Inn. Great location as they are merely a short walk to Santa Barbara’s East Beach.
Guestrooms are quiet and spacious – with refrigerators provided upon request. Some of the upper rooms have balconies overlooking the nearby coast. Known for their outdoor pool. Besides their proximity to the beach, also ideally located within a short drive of Stearns Wharf and the Santa Barbara Zoo. Phone Number: (805) 966-3103 Website: www.pacificcresthotel.com
- Pacifica Suites is rated 3 stars and is located at 5490 Hollister Avenue. This motel is located on the northern part of Hollister. Their prices range from $119 to $259. Phone Number is (805) 683-6722 Website: www.pacificasuites.com
- Ramada Limited (formerly known as Cathedral Oaks Lodge) is rated 3 stars and is located at 4770 Calle Real. Their prices range from $110 to $175. Phone Number is (805) 964-3511
- Rose Garden Inn is a 2 star hotel and is located at 3643 State Street. Prices range from $69 to $189 and some come with Kitchenettes. Phone Number is 805-687-6461. Website is www.rosegardeninnsantabarbara.com
- Santa Barbara Inn is rated 3 stars and is located at 901 Cabrillo Blvd. Great location across from East Beach between Fess Parker and the Hyatt. Enjoy cuisine at Convivo Restaurant on site – or use their outdoor heated pool. Their prices range from $159 to $369. Old Spanish style looking architecture. Phone Number is (805) 966-2285
- San Ysidro Ranch dates from 1893 and is located just south of Santa Barbara in Montecito/San Ysidro. Many famous people have stayed here including a US president and well known actors and actresses. If you are in the area, even if you are not staying here, its worth a drive to view the grounds. This is the only lodging I know of that offers a “massage” for your pets! Prices range from $399 to $4100. Website: www.sanysidroranch.com Dave has additional information here
- Secret Garden and Cottages is a bed and breakfast, rated 3 stars. They are located at 1908 Bath Street. Their prices range from $121 to $255. Phone Number is (805) 687-2300 Website: www.secretgarden.com
- Simpson House and Inn is a historic bed and breakfast, built in 1874 and is rated 5 stars. It is the only Bed & Breakfast in North America to be rated 5 stars!! They are located just East of State Street at 121 East Arrellaga Street. This Inn was built in 1874 and has beautifully furnished rooms. I think April is one of the nicest months to stay here – the wisteria and other flowers are in bloom at this B&B and there is usually less fog than in May and June. Their prices range from $225 to $650. Phone Number (805) 963-7067
- Sunset Motel is located at 3504 State Street. This is upper State Street and not immediately on the harbor front. Fairly close to La Cumbre Shopping Center and the Santa Barbara Mission. Easy access from the 101 Freeway.
Free parking on site and continental breakfast. Guests can also enjoy free juice. A refrigerator and microwave in each room. Visit: www.sunsetsb.com
- The Beach House Inn is located at 320 W Yanonali St. Located in the charming West Beach neighborhood this inn is conveniently located just two blocks from the beach area. An inviting grassy courtyard features colorful umbrellas and Adirondack type chairs. Reasonably priced for the quality of accommodation and location.
Features only 12 rooms – each one is uniquely decorated and all border the usually quiet courtyard. Each room contains a refrigerator, microwave oven and a coffee making. Most rooms also house a kitchen. High speed internet is included with all stays. It should also be noted that this property is pet friendly. Also conveniently located within walking distance of Pershing Park. The staff is trained to recognize pet owners and will provide information about off-leash beaches and pet friendly stores and restaurants in town. Parking is free on site. Guests may take one of their beach chairs or umbrellas to the nearby beach if needed. Visit: www.thebeachhouseinn.com
- The Upham is a beautiful historic country Inn rated 3 stars. They are located at 1404 De La Vina Street. Their prices range from $185 to $400. Phone Number is (805) 962-0058
- Villa Rosa is a bed and breakfast. This There are 18 rooms decorated in Santa Fe decor, some have wrought iron balconies. This B&B was recently completely renovated – it now looks great! Belgian chocolates are waiting on your pillow. Villa Rosa is located one block from the beach at 15 Chapala Street. Their prices range from $125 to $260. Phone Number is (805) 966-0851 Website: www.villarosainnsb.com
- West Beach Inn is rated 3 stars and is located at 306 West Cabrillo Blvd. Great location within easy walking distance of West Beach located across the street.
Their prices range from $130 to $310. Offer guests complimentary breakfast and daily wine and cheese pairings. Parking is free on site. Phone Number is (805) 963-4277 Website: www.westbeachinn.com
Hardy Bains says
So many choices! I’m leaning towards staying as close to the beach as possible 🙂