Because of the quarantine, all travel plans had to be put on hold for a while. We have to entertain ourselves exclusively on the Internet – betting in the popular app using 22Bet login, playing video games, and reading books. But now we see that there are opportunities to go on both short and long trips. But there is one question that never loses its relevance – how to save money? Read this article and learn useful tips on how to travel more profitably!
Choose a Safe and Profitable Destination
Every trip starts with a dream of a place you’d like to visit. You don’t need to travel far to enjoy a well-deserved vacation – a closer trip will be just as enjoyable, and friendlier to the wallet.
If you decide to go to a more distant country, first of all, be sure to familiarize yourself with:
– up-to-date information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about COVID-19;
– information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about traveling abroad;
– Information, prohibitions, and rules of entry into the destination country.
– Choose a Profitable Type of Travel
The next step is to choose the most advantageous mode of transportation:
If your destination is relatively close to home, a car, bus or train is likely to be the most profitable option.
If going to a farther country, a plane or ship ticket can often be cheaper than the entire cost of a car trip. Going by car, one spends a lot of time and a certain amount of money on the road, such as food.
If you plan to get to your destination by plane, here are some tips on how to save money:
– Buy your airline tickets in a timely manner, but don’t buy the first thing you see right away! Airfare prices are constantly fluctuating – if you start your search at least six months in advance, checking prices from time to time, you may “stumble” on very good deals.
– Use your browser in “incognito” mode. Any website will store your cookies. If you search for airline tickets several times in a row on the same website, it remembers that you have already performed that search, so you are interested in a particular destination. Therefore, prices may increase on each subsequent visit. If you use “incognito” mode, cookies will not be saved, and prices are not likely to go up.
– Travel “light” with carry-on luggage only. If you choose to take only the bare necessities with you, you will save a lot of money that you would otherwise have to pay for check-in luggage.
– Carefully read the rules of the chosen airline, so that there are no unpleasant surprises before boarding, for example, additional charges for too large or heavy hand luggage.
– Be sure to familiarize yourself with the selected airline’s safety rules for travel during COVID-19.
Choose a Favorable Lodging Destination
After choosing your destination and mode of transportation, it’s time to think about where to stay. Some of the most popular options are:
– Airbnb lodging;
– Booking offers;
Be sure to look for the best deals in a timely manner – the longer you wait, the higher the price will be.
Ideally, of course, if you can stay with friends – this way you can not only save money on accommodations but also get to know the local culture much better. If this is not possible, try so popular among young people couch surfing – the possibility to stay with someone who willingly offers his home for free to travelers.
Other Tips on How to Travel Profitably
– Travel in the “off-season”! Carefully calculate the time of travel – if you wait a little and go on a trip in the “off-season”, you will not only avoid large crowds, but also save money. For example, in Italy the costs of accommodation, transportation, and even restaurant prices in September are noticeably lower than in August: the last month of summer there is the vacation season when everyone goes to the south of the country. And the locals know that they can raise prices a lot because there will be demand.
– That’s how simple it is – ask travel agencies about the current last-minute offers. They’re usually much cheaper than timely travel plans.
– Join and stay tuned to online forums and groups that often post very tempting last-minute travel deals.
– Explore what you can see for free. With just a little research on the Internet, you can quickly find out what’s available for free at each destination. For example, all museums usually have one day a week or a month when you don’t have to pay admission.
– Have a good wind – and don’t forget about safety!