Every American passport holder must apply for Vietnam visa before entering Vietnam. Todays, application procedures are made much easier than ever before. There are 2 ways of getting Vietnam visa for US citizens including obtaining visa in person at Embassy of Vietnam in United States and applying Vietnam Visa on Arrival.
Applying for Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy:
This is a traditional way of getting a Vietnam visa. It is highly recommended if you plan to enter Vietnam by sea or land. Currently, there is an Embassy of Vietnam in Washington and 2 Consulate in Texas, and San Francisco, respectively. The detailed addresses are as follow:
EMBASSY OF VIETNAM IN WASHINGTON
Address: 1233 20th Street N.W, Suite 400, Washington D.C.20036
Fax: +001-202-8610917 | 8611297
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.vietnamembassy.us | www.vietnam-ustrade.org
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN HOUSTON-TEXAS
Address: 5251 Westheimer Road, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77056
Phone: +001-713.850.1233 | 7138771326 | 7138400096
Fax: +001-713.871.0312 | 7138100159
CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN SAN FRANCISCO
Address:1700 California Street, Suite 580, San Francisco, CA 94109
• For this type of visa application, firstly, you are required to complete an application form, which has been downloaded from Embassy website, with required information including full name, date of birth, arrival date, etc. Please, be aware you must fill in the field with (*). Then print it out, attach 01 passport-size photo and then submit in person at Vietnam Embassy to get your visa processed and stick on your passport before Vietnam trip.
• In normal cases, it will take you from 4 to 5 business days to receive visa approval letter.
• The total cost for visa application at Vietnam Embassy will include:
– Visa approval arrangement fee
– Processing fee
– Shipping fee
– Handling and expedite fee (in urgent cases)
– This type of application is applied for visitors coming to Vietnam by any forms of transportation including air, land and sea.
– If you want to apply for Vietnam Business visa, you need to ask the company the sponsorship documents, or else the procedure cannot be done.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival
In comparison to Visa application at Embassy, Vietnam Visa on Arrival show advantages in terms of time, cost and procedure. If you want to visit Vietnam by air, Visa online is the best option. The online procedure comprises 3 simple steps:
• Completing online application form with required information including your full name, date of birth, date of arrival, number of applicants, etc.
• After that, Visa approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department will be sent to you after 1 or 2 business days. You can make payment by Credit/ Debit Card via OnePay/PayPal or Western Union.
• As the last step, you will get your visa stamped at the international airport you arrive at. Please bring along necessary document including your valid passport, printed visa application form, stamping fee. There are now 5 international airports in Vietnam for you to get visa stamp in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Cam Ranh, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh city.
The total cost for service only includes 2 items as compared to several items at Embassy. Visa cost will vary in accordance to your visa type, number of applicants, and urgency:
– Service fee: paid for Vietnam-visa.com.
– Stamping fee: paid in cash directly to custom officers at Vietnam airport
Regarding time, you will be likely to receive Visa Approval Letter after 2 business days (in normal cases) or 1 business day (in urgent cases) instead of 5 days with visa application at Embassy. If you apply for business visa, the whole procedure will be completed after 2 to 7 working days.
– VOA is now available for visitors who intend to enter Vietnam by air, visitors entering by other ways please go to Embassy to do apply for one.
– Please double check with your passport to ensure you provide us correct information. We do not bear responsibility for any incidents caused by your mistake.
– Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months of validity and 02 blank pages for visa stamp.
– The issuing unit of VOA is Vietnam Immigration Department therefore you can feel totally secured about its validity.
If you have any trouble when getting Vietnam Visa, please please contact them through mail email@example.com or phone number (+84) 946 583 583 to ask for help. We will try to help you at our best.