Saint Lucia (March 12, 2017) – Saint Lucia, whose global reputation for quality entertainment is built on 25 years of experience hosting the Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts festival, announces SOLEIL – the Saint Lucia Summer Festival, a series of six festivals taking place from May through October.
“With the new season of festivals, Saint Lucia aims to increase tourism arrivals while also creating opportunities for local artists and businesses that will enhance the visibility of the island as a vibrant and diverse cultural destination,” explains Minister for Tourism Dominic Fedee. “We look forward to not only celebrating Saint Lucian traditions, but also serving up a summer of fun and entertainment to visitors and locals alike.”
The Summer Festival series will kick off May 12-14, 2017, with Saint Lucia Jazz, a celebration of Caribbean and international jazz music. Events will take place across the island with three major concerts taking place at Pigeon Island National Landmark. Saint Lucia Jazz will culminate on Sunday, May 14 with a star-studded line-up including Grammy-nominated singer and actress Vanessa Williams and multi-talented Rachelle Ferrell. Confirmed headliners also include Rupert Lay, steel pannist Victor Provost and Malavoi, hailing from Martinique.
The Saint Lucia Summer Festival will also feature:
· Roots & Soul (June 16-18): Dedicated to new trends in reggae, conscious hip-hop, Afropunk and R&B, this festival will also mark the launch of Saint Lucia Carnival.
· Saint Lucia Carnival (mid-June through mid-July): A variety of musical competitions lead up to the Parade of the Bands on July 17 and 18. Throughout, Lucian Carnival gives revelers the opportunity to fête throughout the island in true Caribbean fashion.
· Saint Lucia Food & Rum Festival (August 24-27): This gastronomic festival invites chefs, wine connoisseurs, rum fanatics and foodies from the Caribbean and around the globe. Inspired by Chefs Nina Compton and Doran Payne, the event will feature culinary demonstrations, rum and wine tastings, dining events and experiences, and musical performances.
· Country & Blues Festival (September 15-17): The festival will reflect the diversity and modernity of the genres of music that act as powerful storytellers of the past and draw strong parallels to Saint Lucian folk traditions.
· Arts & Heritage Festival (October): Building on Jounen Kwéyòl, this month-long festival will celebrate Saint Lucia’s cultural, ethnic and artistic heritage with a variety of performances, seminars, lectures, culinary experiences, street parties and art exhibitions,
Full details about Soleil – the Summer of Festivals can be found at www.stlucia.org/summerfestival.
For more information about the island of Saint Lucia, call 1-800-456-3984, or 1-888 4STLUCIA or visit www.stlucia.org/.
About Saint Lucia
One of the Windward Islands of the West Indies’ Lesser Antilles, Saint Lucia (pronounced Saint LOO-sha) is nestled halfway down the Eastern Caribbean archipelago. The “Helen of the West Indies,” Saint Lucia is known for its natural beauty and diverse attractions, including the signature Piton Mountains – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – a tropical rainforest and one of the world’s few drive-in volcanoes. Culturally rich offerings include the bustling marketplace in the capital of Castries, quaint fishing villages along the coastline, and the annual Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Festival. Saint Lucia’s wide range of accommodations includes world-class five-star resorts, all-inclusive resorts, intimate inns and value-oriented properties. Saint Lucia also is home to world class cruise and yachting facilities. The island is continually recognized as one of the Leading Wedding and Honeymoon destinations worldwide.
About Dave's Travel CornerDave's Travel Corner is a travel content, resource provider and community (founded 1996) providing travel Guides written about Dave's personal travel experiences and Journals, pages that contain trip summaries and experiences written by fellow travelers. We spotlight locations and attractions with an article linked directly from our homepage including content across our blog, photo and video galleries. We use a combination of social media, written content, photography and videos to promote locations. Not only does the content appear on this site but we have direct partnerships with other well visited travel sites for placement of the content. Since 1996, we have also established hundreds of relevant link exchanges with other travel sites.
Visitors to Dave's Travel Corner will also find thousands of travel related links organized by categories on the Resources Page, a Photo Gallery containing International travel photos, Book Reviews, and Product Reviews focusing on products useful for travelers, fully automated Forums, Tour Bookings offering over 4400 unique tours around the globe, Interviews with those making news in the travel industry and Videos - specializing in International travel videos as well as home of the Dave & Jim Show.
Dave's own travel blog is Above the Clouds which focuses on International Travel & Lifestyle.
For information on advertising please choose from a variety of advertising options here.
Contributors are welcome Learn how you can contribute About www.davestravelcorner.com/about
Leave a Reply