CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR CONTEST WINNERS!
1. Matt Scott: Trans-Siberian Railway
2. Abdul Rastagar: CicLAvia -When LA Ditches the Car
3. Mi West: By A Single Thread
(2/24/19) Entry is free! Looking to share your travels with others? Do you enjoy writing? You have come to the right page. Dave’s Travel Corner is holding another travel essay writing contest. Our first contest was held back in 2008.
Enter for the possibility of winning cash prizes as well as to gain additional exposure for your writing.
Please fill out your bio as much as possible with your submission. This information will not be posted with your essay; it is so we can contact you in case you win.
Please see below for details.
The essay must be written by you and it must be about something that inspired you on one of your travels. It could be about a particular place, a person, a country, a culture or any other number of things that may have touched you on your travels.
Possible topics could include: Adventure & Outdoor Travel, Arts and Culture, Backpacker oriented, Couples travel, Cultural, Destination focused, Eco Tourism, a personal trip, Food and Wine, Romance or Urban Travel.
Please fact check any relevant details prior to submitting.
At least 775 words – no more than 5000 words. Up to two (2) essays may be submitted per person. Essays or blogs already posted on Dave’s Travel Corner are not eligible for this contest. Content you have published elsewhere that does not violate any copyright by posting them on Dave’s Travel Corner is eligible for the contest.
The grand prize winner will be awarded
1. $300 sent by PayPal, Money Order or Check
2. American Shield, Granite Series Backpack, black, $250 value
3. Mersea Classic Travel Wrap $110 value,
4. My Passport Ultra, 2tb, WD $90 value
5. a copy of: Where to Drink Wine – by Chris Losh
6. Voke Superfood 15-pack tablets Use code: DAVESTRAVELCORNER for 20% off on products!
7. Several Soap Creek products
1st Runner Up will be awarded
1. $200 sent by PayPal, Money Order or Check
2. iXpand Flash Drive, Sandisk – $48 value
3. a copy of: Epic Bike Rides of the World – by Lonely Planet
4. Voke Superfood 15-pack tablets
2nd Runner Up will be awarded
1. $100 sent by PayPal, Money Order or Check
NOTE: Winning entries from outside of the USA must have a PayPal account. The prize winners will be listed on the main page of Dave’s Travel Corner – with links to their winning essays listed in the Press Release section of this site.
ENTER CONTEST NOW!
Submit by Creating Account
1. Register: https://www.davestravelcorner.com/wp-blog/wp-login.php?action=register
Fill out your desired username and email and then click submit. Note. Spaces in usernames are not allowed. When logged in you, you can change your “display” name to whatever you like, spaces are ok there.
2. Check your email for the login link, your login name and randomly generated password (you can change this later) or login here: https://www.davestravelcorner.com/wp-blog/wp-login.php
3. Once logged in you will be prompted at the top of the page to edit your profile (also change your password) – when finished click on “update profile” at the bottom of the page
4. In left hand column, click “posts” and then click “add new”
5. On the page that loads, enter the following
– Add your piece into the body (copy it in is fine)
– On far right side – choose ONE appropriate category by checking the appropriate box
– To add photos, click on the Add Media button on the upper left side directly above the content box and click upload photos (and drag the photos into the box)
6. Click the blue button on the upper right of the page that says, “Submit for Review”. That is it! We post your piece live typically within 24 hours.
We recommend a photo size of at least 1500 pixels in width.
Submit by Email
Send your piece in a word document to Dave’s Travel Corner
Entries may be submitted to minor grammar and editing before being posted. We encourage photos to be included with your entry(s) but a lack of photos does not factor in the contest decision making. Note that 1500 pixels is the recommend width for any uploaded photos. If no photos are included we may add several related photos.
NOTE: Submissions with links to commercial websites will either not be approved or the links will be removed. Links to a personal website should be entered in the bio section.
Any entries that are submitted and then approved for the contest will be scheduled and then posted on our Journals page. Once posted your essay remains your property – it will only be posted on our site.
Your essay must be submitted by July 1, 2019. Winners will be announced on Dave’s Travel Corner on August 1, 2019.
About Dave's Travel CornerDave's Travel Corner is a travel content, resource provider and community (founded 1996) providing travel Guides written about Dave's personal travel experiences and Journals, pages that contain trip summaries and experiences written by fellow travelers. We spotlight locations and attractions with an article linked directly from our homepage including content across our blog, photo and video galleries. We use a combination of social media, written content, photography and videos to promote locations. Not only does the content appear on this site but we have direct partnerships with other well visited travel sites for placement of the content. Since 1996, we have also established hundreds of relevant link exchanges with other travel sites.
Visitors to Dave's Travel Corner will also find thousands of travel related links organized by categories on the Resources Page, a Photo Gallery containing International travel photos, Book Reviews, and Product Reviews focusing on products useful for travelers, fully automated Forums, Tour Bookings offering over 4400 unique tours around the globe, Interviews with those making news in the travel industry and Videos - specializing in International travel videos as well as home of the Dave & Jim Show.
Dave's own travel blog is Above the Clouds which focuses on International Travel & Lifestyle.
For information on advertising please choose from a variety of advertising options here.
Contributors are welcome Learn how you can contribute About www.davestravelcorner.com/about
Marin David says
A travel writing contest eh Dave – very cool, I will submit!
Thanks Marin – I look forward to seeing your submission 🙂
Sukhvinder Sidhu says
I will submit too, try my luck! Thanks 🙂
Sukhvinder – sounds good 🙂
Is This Contest Still Relevant And When Does It Finish?
As it stands now: Your essay must be submitted by July 1, 2019. Winners will be announced on Dave’s Travel Corner on August 1, 2019. Although if we are short on entries, we may extend it slightly.
I Know It’s A Stupid Question To Ask, But Because I Haven’t Traveled, Am I Allowed To Write About My Adventures In New Zealand And Is The “Essay” Allowed To Be Descriptional? Descriptive Writing Is My Specialty. Sorry To Bother You! Thank You!
Sooooooooooooo? Answer My Question Please. I Am Needing To Start If I’m Going To Enter
Entries should be based on personal experiences/travels. thanks
Ankita & Mohit says
What a lovely contest! We look forward to writing for you. 🙂
Ankita/Mohit – very cool, look forward to reading your entry.
Priyanka Gupta says
I wanted to submit but I think I am too late now. Thank you for the opportunity anyways.
Priyanka – thanks for stopping by. this contest is closed (you are welcome to submit a piece at any time if you like) – our submission guidelines are here: http://www.davestravelcorner.com/about/journal-submission-guidelines/