AVALON, CA (January 30, 2013) – There’s nothing more romantic than spending time on an island.
Catalina Island, located just 22 miles off the Southern California coast has been dubbed the Island of Romance and it fulfills that moniker each and every day, not just Valentine’s Day.
Below are some packages for travelers looking for a unique and off-the-beaten track way to say I love you.
The Aurora Hotel (includes boat ride, accommodations and extras). Just garnered #1 on TripAdvisor’s 2013 Traveler’s Choice Awards. SAVINGS: up to 30%
• Two nights hotel, round trip boat fare for two on Catalina Express, a bottle of chilled champagne and half a dozen roses as well as on-island taxi transfers and continental breakfast. Starting at $638+tax per couple.
· Add a couple’s massage for only $175. Price is based on a standard view room, upgrades are available. This package is available for the month of February 2013. Book online at www.auroracatalina.com or call 310-510-0454.
The Avalon Hotel (includes boat ride, accommodations and extras). Just garnered #1 on TripAdvisor’s 2013 Traveler’s Choice Awards. SAVINGS: up to 30%
· Two nights hotel, round trip boat fare for two on Catalina Express, a bottle of chilled champagne and half a dozen roses as well as on-island taxi transfers and continental breakfast for only $650+tax per couple.
• Add a couple’s massage for only $175. Price is based on a standard view room, upgrades are available. This package is available month of February 2013. Book online at www.theavalonhotel.com or call 310-510-7070.
The Pavilion Hotel (hotel + extras): SAVINGS: up to 15%
· Starting at $299 per couple
· One night premier accommodations, champagne and strawberries, special amenity gift for her and a romantic dinner at the Avalon Grille with a Chef’s tasting menu.
· Valid February 1-28, 2013. Restrictions may apply. Must call to book: 855.220.1458
· Transportation on Catalina Express www.catalinaexpress.com/
is sold separately with daily departures from Long Beach, San Pedro and Dana Point to Avalon. For $15 upgrade to the Commodore Lounge and enjoy complimentary beverage and snack in an intimate lounge environment.
About Catalina Island and Catalina Express
Located 22 miles off the coast of Southern California, Catalina Island is accessible by boat from three ports, San Pedro, Long Beach and Dana Point. The biggest, most reputable and safest company to use to get to the island is Catalina Express, which offers 8 high-speed vessels and transports passengers to the island in one hour. www.catalinaexpress.com
Catalina Island’s clear blue waters and Greek-isle scenery, Catalina Island is a Shangri-La. This laid-back island town is chock full of places to eat, drink, shop. Catalina has a wealth of natural and cultural resources, unique animals and plants found nowhere else on earth. Sightseeing opportunities are numerous and varied from escorted tours around town, adventure rides into the interior, jeep eco tours, hummer rides, to zip lines, rock climbing and undersea adventures. Independent activities are plentiful, camping, hiking, snub, diving, snorkeling, kayaking, spa treatments, beach lounging, golf, motor boating, parasailing, fishing boat rides down the coastline and more.
About Dave's Travel CornerDave's Travel Corner is a travel content, resource provider and community (founded 1996) providing travel Guides written about Dave's personal travel experiences and Journals, pages that contain trip summaries and experiences written by fellow travelers. We spotlight locations and attractions with an article linked directly from our homepage including content across our blog, photo and video galleries. We use a combination of social media, written content, photography and videos to promote locations. Not only does the content appear on this site but we have direct partnerships with other well visited travel sites for placement of the content. Since 1996, we have also established hundreds of relevant link exchanges with other travel sites.
Visitors to Dave's Travel Corner will also find thousands of travel related links organized by categories on the Resources Page, a Photo Gallery containing International travel photos, Book Reviews, and Product Reviews focusing on products useful for travelers, fully automated Forums, Tour Bookings offering over 4400 unique tours around the globe, Interviews with those making news in the travel industry and Videos - specializing in International travel videos as well as home of the Dave & Jim Show.
Dave's own travel blog is Above the Clouds which focuses on International Travel & Lifestyle.
For information on advertising please choose from a variety of advertising options here.
Contributors are welcome Learn how you can contribute About www.davestravelcorner.com/about